Activating the payment terminal is not complicated. Depending on the manufacturer, there may be variations, but the procedures remain much the same. We'll show you the steps to follow for iZettle and SumUp.
Activate the iZettle payment terminal
The manipulations to be made to activate iZettle are not complex. In a very short time, you will be able to have your payment terminal ready to use.
- To start, you have to buy the card reader on the brand's official website. Depending on which one you take, the cost will not be the same. It is best to opt for the latest version,especially because of the evolution of the financial market (contactless payment, payment through Apple Pay, Google Pay, etc.). Delivery of the TPE will take no more than 5 working days. Generally, you will receive it within 3 days.
- The second action to take is to download the iZettle app. It is available on Android and iOS, on their respective stores (Google Play and the App Store).
- It's time to create your iZettle account. This action is done very quickly, in just a few minutes. To do this, go to the official website and insert all the necessary information.
- To receive the money in your bank account, you must link between iZettle and the current account. This manipulation is completely secure.
- From the app, you can connect the iZettle player to the tablet or smartphone, thanks to Bluetooth technology.
- Finally, it is time to make the first payment when the link with the bank account is made, your account is active and the association with the TPE has been made.
Very simple and easy to set up. Personally, in the newsroom, we like it!
Activate the SumUp payment terminal
The configuration of the SumUp payment terminal is slightly different from the first TPE we saw.
- We will talk about the SumUp Air which is the last payment terminal put up for sale by the company. First, you need to open the SumUp app on the App Store and Google Play. Log.
- The main difference here is that you have to enter an amount to activate your payment terminal. Put 1.00 and tap the “Bill” button that doesn't miss. The TPE must light up.
- From the SumUp app, you should have an indication that you can match. 3 digits should appear on the phone screen. Are they the same as those on the back of the payment terminal? If so, then you will have to confirm the connection.
- With the space you've already created on SumUp (and connected to your bank account) upstream, you're going to have a functional payment terminal. It is possible that there will be a time frame of about 2 to 3 minutes to complete a proper synchronization.
- Now all you have to do is accept payments. Swipe the customer's credit card (or yours to test, but watch out for your company's accounting management) in the card reader. Enter the PIN and the SumUp app will let you know the payment status. If successful, the money will be in your account within 2 to 3 days. Customer receipts are also possible.
Activating a payment terminal is not complicated. Publishers have implemented very simple, intuitive and secure procedures.